Thursday, October 25, 2018

Routines

Yesterday I thought about how you knew my routine so well. You knew when I was finished getting ready to start the day. Just as I would finish my last step of putting on my watch (when I still wore one) or the more latter spraying my face with setting spray I would hear a thump and a jingle jangle. It was you getting ready to accompany me to walk down the stairs to let you outside. I heard from those at home that you also knew 5 minutes before I would get home because you would run down the stairs too. A pup who could tell time. I miss you so much. Yesterday my chest quivered so hard - I dont think my body has ever hurt so much from a cry before. I found it hard to breathe. Sometimes I live with regret that you only made it to 15 years old. How could it be that you were so healthy at 14 years old then had a terribly rough last year? Was it something that I did wrong? Did you feel too lonely with 2 human baby siblings? Was there something I could have done differently. These are questions that will never be answered in this life time.

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened" -Anatole France

No comments:

Post a Comment