Monday, September 24, 2018

Boikey

Almost 7 weeks since we said good bye and not a day goes by that I haven't thought of you. The way I feel my grief has changed. Though on a surface level I do seem to be handling it much better. But I sometimes I lament how life was "better" with you in it but seeing as I'll never see you in this life again I need to find a way to stop thinking that way. I look on Helen Woodward nearly every single day to see if there is another pup that catches my eye even though I know for our family with children this young it makes no sense to have a puppy yet. I guess it is just the hope that I'll catch a glimpse of another boikey (another nickname I had for Ralph) like yourself. I have found glimpses like Gary and a few other pups. I know no other pup will be special in the way that you were to me but I do hope that I'll find one that I love a lot in a special way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment