Monday, September 3, 2018

Helen Woodward Visit

Yesterday we went to Souplantation then Helen Woodward Animal Center. HWAC is currently under construction and looks completely unrecognizable compared to the last few times I went there. When we pulled into the lot Ariel asked if it was time to pick up Ralph. Oh how I wish we could do that. I long to see my young adult but still healthy Ralph. I saw a few pups but none that really grabbed me. They don't seem to have many pups at that facility. Blaine and I wonder if they are becoming more of a large animal (horses) rescue center. It would make sense since there is a need for it and other places already take dogs. Seeing other dogs makes me realize it might be a very long time before I am ready to adopt another (if ever).

I picked some candid photos of Ralph so I could remember how much he was a part of our family.

Candid photo September 4 2015

Candid photo September 4 2016


In the afternoon we went to Sea World which was a lot of fun, I went on two rides with my little girls. Annabelle was not enjoying the rides too much. As far as the Sea Dragon Drop I was a little worried she was going to some how contort her small body and slip out the bottom so I had a firm grip on her. We had dinner there as well for the first time which was a lot of fun because it made it feel like a staycation. Afterwards we took a look at the Sea Turtles since Annabelle loves aquariums. Then Blaine realized that the show Cirque Electrique was about to start. We've seen it twice and let me tell you, it is really awesome. Especially the bit with the man who is on some hover board con traption that is attached to a jet ski. Amazingly cool. So we ran towards it but were waved away because the stadium was packed. So Blaine had the idea of riding the Sky Ride to watch it from behind. Mind you we had already watched the show front row a few weeks ago so I was up for trying from a new view. It was such a great experience watching from the sky and because no one was waiting in line for the ride they let us ride without exiting the ride! I will always remember what an awesome evening this was. And the icing on the cake was afterwards we have a completely unobstructed view of the fireworks on the path from the Sky Ride. I have to say it does not seen like Sea World is hurting go business this summer and they did a really nice job of their attractions this year. I am so glad we got the annual passes at the end of 2017.

Annabelle at Sea World August 2nd 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment