Friday, August 31, 2018

Raccoon Sighting

I remember the time Ralph spotted a large raccoon in the backyard. You alerted us by giving a cry you so unique to any sound you’ve ever made. It was fascinating to see your instincts kick in to protect us. What a smart dog you were. Remember when we would pass by other dogs you were suspicious of you would slink down low and crawl towards them like a large cat stalking their prey. Your little quirks were such a joy to observe. Today was a non crying day. I’ve very grateful for this days because while I still miss you all the time I feel more comforted and at peace. I’m learning to live with knowing in this life I’ll never see you again. I still wonder about if I’ll ever see you again. But is it better to live the rest of my life thinking it’s not possible? Even if we really cease to exist once we pass is it a way to life believing that? Or will I have more comfort keeping hope for the rest of my life that there is a possibility we may reunite. Maybe the key to living is having a positive outlook and don’t fear the unknown. This most devastating loss has quite honestly changed me to the core as human being. I am much more grateful for each and every moment in my life. I have been inspired not to waste what precious finite  time we all have. Thank you Ralph for saving me in more ways than one. Though losing you has made me physically weaker and emotionally drained. Our cherished bond has made me stronger of the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment